Aid and Attendance
What Is The Pension With Aid & Attendance Benefit?
- Wartime veterans or surviving spouses of veterans may be eligible for funds via a Veterans Affairs (VA) Pension Benefit – that can be used to offset the cost of healthcare expenses like a part-time home care aide.
- Estimates show 15+ million people in the US could qualify today. Only 1⁄2 million people have the benefit.
Why Don’t More People Have This VA Pension Benefit?
Where Do Veterans Usually Go To Apply For This Benefit?
- Most Veterans and Spouses of Veterans don’t know the benefit exits.
- Some have been told by the VA or others that they don’t qualify.
- The benefit is complicated! Some try to apply and just give up after spending many frustrating weeks on the paperwork and process.
"To enable Veterans to live healthier and with dignity in their chosen residence"
- Veterans Regional Benefits Office – Location can be 50+ miles away. Wait times at these offices can be 3+ hours and can require multiple long visits to complete the benefit application paperwork. Approval rates average around 45%. Approval time frames average around 10-12 months.
- Elder Care Attorneys– Too often, Elder Care Attorneys won’t work with Veterans who don’t need a Will, a Trust, or an Annuity. Approval time frames average around 10-12 months with varying rates of approval – depending on the attorney’s experience. Three Year Look Back – as of 10/18/18